As things begin to ease and lockdown starts to lift, many people are thinking of returning to some sort of normality – and for some, thoughts are increasingly turning to new skills and refresher training.
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve been working closely with the healthcare sector, who have reported to us time and time again about the need for our Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA) training courses. Sadly, they have experienced an increase in the levels of violence towards them. We’ve written several pieces recently about emotions running high as frustrated families are separated from loved ones, leaving healthcare workers facing violence and aggression.
Those who undertook the training may also be required to carry out refresher PMVA courses – and if this is something you are considering, you might want to know the top 7 things to expect from our PMVA training course:
- It’s not just for nurses and care workers – our courses are aimed at any one who finds themselves in a position where they may face conflict
- We teach low-risk techniques that cover the six stages of violence and aggression, so that you can learn how to diffuse them
- There will be both physical and non-physical restraint used, but we will always focus on non-aggressive conflict management
- We will explore the causes of challenging behaviour and train staff to recognise when to engage diffusing techniques
- We cover a variety of scenarios and situations through role play
- We allow attendees to practice their new skills in a safe environment
- We are covid safe at all times
John Davies, Director at SBRT Ltd, said: “Not only have we heard from happy customers about how PMVA courses have transformed their confidence in how to handle and diffuse violent situations, we’ve also been praised by care home managers about the different methods of both hands-on and hands-off defence training.
“As restrictions begin to ease, we are seeing more bookings on to our training courses, so it’s best to book now to avoid disappointment.”
More information and course bookings can be made here.